INTERESTED IN CONTRIBUTING TO US?
Awesome! We can’t wait to review your article or content submissions! Please agree to the licensing terms below, then e-mail your article or content to: firstname.lastname@example.org after you have read the guidelines and notes below...
Important notes to consider before you send, we will need your submission to:
- Include a 2-3 sentence bio with your submission (website, blog or one social URL).
- Use the title of your piece in the subject line and the full text in the body of the email.
- If a post has previously run, please also include the link to where it appears online.
- Not have double spaces after periods or between paragraphs.
- Include original photos as zip file attachments or via a cloud storage link with download permissions, that are high quality as well as landscape size (horizontal) whenever possible. We may use up to 5 images (sometimes more) if it helps to tell your visual story.
- Include the name and email of photographer (if not you), sharing your permission to use photographs as we like to credit the artists (as artists ourselves).
- Include authentic, vulnerable and relatable stories that promote understanding, inclusion, empathy, growth and encouragement in order to help women thrive wherever they are on their journey.
- Inspire creativity, courage, motivation, action, health, wellness, resiliency, personal fulfillment, success and tangible community.
- Speak to multi-dimensional women who desire knowledge and growth in all the areas of our life. Content topics that we are currently interested in:
- Life = parenting, finances, home organization, motherhood, purpose, relationships, resilience, self, spirit, travel, wellness
- Career = business, personal branding, diversity, entrepreneurship, equity, launch, leadership, mentorship, network(ing), reinvention, teamwork, workplace
- Culture = Arts, Entertainment, Books, Food, Gender, History, News, Podcasts, Politics, Religion, Science and Technology
SHE WILL THRIVE content submission rules and guidelines…
- Write about what you know, and be original. Please tell your own personal stories. We will not accept submissions that tell other people’s stories or experiences, as we can’t verify that the information is in fact true, from their perspective, or even if you have permission to do so.
- Please cite or source all research, studies, statistics or historical data, medical or health facts as they relate to your article or personal story using hyperlinks within the body of your email. We encourage quoting original authors, educators or speakers via a brief summary of where or why it is pertinent. Please make sure your links are from reputable sources such as reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. Put all relevant links in brackets: [Example: https://www.shewillthrive.com] where needed. Prospective authors are required to disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest, including but not limited to any financial interest in any product, firm, or commercial venture relevant to their submission. Failure to do so will result in prominently placed corrections when necessary.
- In certain cases, we find that it is helpful to tell the other side of the story through facts or direct quotes and acknowledge your critics' and/or their concerns. Please make sure that it is done in a meaningful way that does not denigrate or attack the critic.
- Please note that we work with writers of every race, color, creed, orientation, background and tradition, and we will not tolerate bigotry, hate or anything that does not promote human rights and equality for all. At SHE WILL THRIVE, we empower and uplift. She deserves to thrive because it is her birthright.
- Please consider submitting lists and/or short essays (under 900 words). In some cases a personal anecdote or specific personal story can be told in up to 1500 words maximum, and if needed our editorial team will work with you to sharpen your message as we reserve the right to edit all submissions for clarity.
- We do our best to review all submissions in a timely manner. Due to the number of submissions we receive and the fact that we are a small staff, you will hear from us within 14 days if we are able to run your post. If you do not hear from us within that time frame, please feel free to submit elsewhere.
- Before we can publish any and all submission entries you will be required to agree to our licensing terms below. Please read the following agreement and use the form below it to submit your approval and online signature. This will also alert us that your article or submission is coming soon and to be on the lookout.
We appreciate your time and intentions to help other women thrive. Thank you!
LICENSING TERMS & AGREEMENT
We want to make sure you understand what it means when we publish your content. The following is a content assignment agreement (“Agreement”) between you and SHE WILL THRIVE, LLC. When we use the word “content” in this Agreement we are referring to anything that has been submitted by you and published on any form of SHE WILL THRIVE media (website, print, social, etc.) including written works, videos, or photographs.
When you submit content to us and it is published on any SHE WILL THRIVE media, you assign, transfer, and convey to SHE WILL THRIVE the entire right, title, and interest in and to the content, including a non-revocable license to publish or display any and all content (and any derivative works) that may arise or may be granted in the United States or any other country. In addition, by submitting content you represent and warrant that (i) you have all necessary rights in the content to make this assignment (including any necessary permissions, if applicable, regarding the subject(s) in any photo or video content), and (ii) the content is an original creation and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.) You also agree to cooperate with SHE WILL THRIVE in perfecting the rights that you are granting to SHE WILL THRIVE. This Agreement will also extend to and benefit any of SHE WILL THRIVE’s successors or assigns.
We understand that you may want to continue to use your content for your own personal uses even after submission to SHE WILL THRIVE, or that you may have already posted the content elsewhere before submitting to SHE WILL THRIVE. Without limiting the license described above, SHE WILL THRIVE agrees that you may continue to use your content for personal, non-commercial purposes (for example, posting on your own blogs or social media accounts) and that any uses of the content that preceded its publication by SHE WILL THRIVE may continue.
Thank you again for being a part of the SHE WILL THRIVE community. By submitting, you understand, agree, and consent to all of the terms of the SHE WILL THRIVE Licensing Agreement above. By submitting, you also agree to receive our e-newsletter sent monthly and/or quarterly. You can unsubscribe at any time.